Photobucket

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Lunch with Cheng Siew

I met up with Cheng Siew for lunch today. We ate the student happy hour special at Swensens. $9.80 for any food item plus drink!


Gosh.. I haven't met up with her in like whattt.. One year?

Some kind of friend I am.. Will always forget about my long-time friends. Only interested in hanging out with my current friends. What would happen when I finally get a job? Would I then only spend time with my colleagues and forget about my team mates? I sure hope not.. My team mates mean a lot to me.. =/

Anyway Cheng and I have been in the same school since foreverrrr. First RGPS, Crez, JJ then NUS. I think it's pretty cool we have taken the same long-winded path to get to where we are ahahah. But we only became friends friends in Sec 3/4.. When we were in the same class. Somehow we had the same outer circle of friends.. And one day we were both so sick of studying in the container classroom, she dragged me out to play basketball.. her then all-time favourite sport.

It was through her I developed my love for the sport and went on to play in Jc, despite my horrible lack of skill ahah. Anyway, I guess it was through these basketball sessions in secondary and jc that truly cemented our friendship. (:

Cheng actually saw my status update on facebook sometime last week and called me to see if I was ok and if i needed to talk. I thought that was really nice of her.. Sometimes pple just sms or fb msg you.. Or wait till they see you.. so yea. We eventually set a date to meet up and have lunch.

So we met up at Jurong Point and I was horribly late! Sigh... What happened to my resolution to be punctual always?!? >.<

We had lunch at Swensens at around 3plus.. I ordered one of the sourdough sandwiches - Cheese Steak Meltdown.

pic from Swensen's webby. :P

The sandwich was much better than i expected! I really liked it.. And it was quite a good deal coz it's selling price was $14+.

And i realised that actually that the student deal wasn't the best deal.. If we had gone earlier we could have had the 1-for-1 deal!
Oh well. Now we know ahaha.

We spent the rest of the afternoon catching up and walking the entire area of Jurong Point. I was so tired by the end of the day.

We set a date and place for our next outing already. :D We're going Ikea for lunch followed by walking the whole of Queensway looking for specs and sportswear! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...