Photobucket

Thursday, October 18, 2012

the debut

I have said it at least a thousand times to all my friends, but I never really thought I'd do it..
.
.
.
.
.
I've finally started my own blogshop. =DDD
.
.
.
.
.
hehh. i know this blogpost has been a long time coming now, it's just that October has been a really busy month.. with MEGA outflows zzzz.


SO ANYWAY, I've started my blogshop with two very awesome girls Yvonne & Huiqi. We three loveee shopping and we each have our very own unique styles and skills we bring to to the table. (:

And I must say, having a blogshop is wayyyy more work than I expected. Plus I had no idea I was supposed to make so many decisions on a ton of different things. Things like the name itself took weeks to decide.. Which blogging platform to use? What are the different accounts that we need to create? Where to go take pictures? Who brings home the stock? How to design the logo? How to design the site, do I want it in pages or blog posts? How big are the pictures that we want to upload? Do we showcase items with all colours or separate items of different colours as well? Do we want descriptions? Are measurements taken to maximum stretched length? How many pictures to put up on the site? the list of things that needed decisions goes on and on...

It was such a headache for a first launch. The biggest scare occurred when I accidentally deleted the pictures in my memory card where the bulk of the pictures were taken!! I spent a good 6 hours trying all sorts of ways to retrieve the pictures. Thank god for google.. I managed to find a free program to do the recovery. *phew*

That said, I'm really really happy with the way things turned out and how our different skills complemented one another.

Huiqi's our photoshop guru. She claims she doesn't really know much, but I feel that her work is very good and there were certain effects we wanted on the pictures that she didn't know how to do, she went and researched on how to do it and came up with some really good work. (:
Photobucket
(she's so happy in this photo)

Yvonne's the driving force of our group.. She's so full of energy, and is very thorough in her planning so that we don't miss anything out. She's amazing, like.. seriously. She sets agendas for our meeting, writes minutes and creates an excel ss for us to keep everything organised. (:
Photobucket
(another happy photo coz we don't know what we're doing lols)

I'm the IT person LOL. Not IT per se, but I designed and manage the blog entries, created all the random accounts for the widgets that are currently on our site. Anything html-related is my baby.. I sound like a real slacker oops.
Photobucket
(me and my ahlian hair omggg)
.
Anyway, so here are a few behind-the-scenes of our photoshoot. (:

fresh-faced and all ready to go!!
Photobucket

me to yvonne: errr... so are we supposed to smile???
Photobucket

checking out the photo.. with my super awesome bf helping out as our photog. (:
Photobucket

yayyyy done with the day's work! (:
Photobucket


That's all the photos i'm going to post for now. 

I'm really excited for our next lauch which should be coming up in the first week of November, just before I fly off to Vietnam. Exciting stuff! :D

You can read Yvonne's thoughts on our first lauch here. And do visit our site ya? 

Click on the below image to be directed to Royal Troika!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...