Photobucket

Friday, October 26, 2012

Milestones

Milestones
A milestone is one of a series of numbered markers placed along a 
road or boundary at intervals of one mile or occasionally, parts of a mile (from Wikipedia).

Photobucket

This word used so frequently but one never really bothers to think about the origins of the word.

For you to even encounter one milestone, you have to be on a journey with a beginning and an end. And throughout this journey, you had to start from somewhere and move forward to reach an end. Each milestone brings you one mile closer to your destination. As you progress, you accumulate new values and experiences that changes who and what you are.. for the better hopefully. 
Photobucket
I feel that one travels many different journeys in life. And each journey has different origins and destinations, with different milestones that characterize the whole experience. 
Photobucket


anyway.. what am I doing trying to wax lyrical on milestones?

October has been a wonderful month.. and it's not even over yet with more things to come.

I feel like I achieved two milestones this month and I'm really really happy about it!

First was regarding my career.. I've been in an unpleasant situation ever since I started work. What came so easily to all my peers, did not fall into my lap as simply as it did them. I got really depressed talking about it, thinking about it, even trying to get out of it made me feel depressed. I could best ignore it and feel good  not thinking about it for a while.. before someone or something that would remind me of it and send me back into that downward spiral. 

It has not been easy this 1 year 9 months. 

But after seemingly hopeless waiting.. I finally got it. And it's so unbelievable to me that I actually managed to wait it out for so long. I wanted to find an alternative so I could leave.. but finding alternatives wasn't easy, with me being extremely fussy about what I wanted and not many roles looking for my skill set. And despite the tons of applications i sent out, I probably got a response from less than 5%.. I really wanted to just quit without any alternatives at least a gazillion times.

Looking back, I'm sort of glad I didn't. I don't know where I'd be if I had left.. But if I did, i wouldn't have what i have today.. I know i'm talking about this issue in circles but I don't wanna elaborate on it. =/

So here's a message to you, and to myself as a reminder.. anytime I feel like giving up.

Photobucket
---


My second milestone is my anniversary with Eric today.

You may say.. one year also consider milestone meh?

Yes. To me, one year is a milestone. AND every year after that is also a milestone.

We should not take things for granted and a relationship can't work out if only one person is putting in effort.
Both parties need to work together to nurture and grow a relationship. Relationships don't stay healthy by just leaving things as it it..

It's been a wonderful journey and we're only just getting started. (:

Photobucket

I'm just really thankful to have him in my life. (:

here's another "mile marker" to show where we are in our relationship..
'cept i couldn't find one that said one year! oops. =P
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...