Photobucket

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Gold Coast day 2!

I'm suffering from the I-have-too-much-to-write-so-I'm-not-blogging syndrome. Lol! Seriously, I have way too much to say about everything that we did in Gold Coast.

As we were so tired after our flight, not to mention the minor 2 hour jet lag, we were unable to get up bright and early to go to the Arts & Crafts market at Kurrawa Park, Broad beach.

We had yummy home made eggs & bacon, toast and baked beans for breakfast. It was the start of many home made breakfasts to come (which I would grow sick of by end of our trip).

The Arts & Craft market was interesting at first, with so many things atypical of your usual fare on sale. Most commonly spotted were shops selling handmade scents, soaps & candles. Apparently it's a lucrative business there. Other interesting shops included the fudge shop (which Jie bought 3 diff flavours at $4.50 apiece!), leather accessories (where Tricia and I got 3 for $20 :D), and really cuteee butterfly decorations! ♥

After the Arts & Craft market, we went straight to Harbourtown to get our outlet shopping onzz heehee. We stopped by Optus and topped up Tom's sim card, as well as get another card for dad to download data on his ipad.. And suddenly we were connected to the rest of the world! =D The stupid hotel charges a bomb for only 2GB of wired data. So stupid right?! Especially in this era of readily accessible free wifi.

We first grabbed a quick meal in Habourtown.There was a restaurant selling Western Lunch specials for $8.90 only! We shared 3-4 sets I think. The portions are huge in Australia... And after lunch it was 1.5 hrs of shopping to cover the WHOLE Harbourtown area. Seriously not enough time. I picked up a map and went circle-circle-cross-cross on the places that I wanted to go, and the places that I would give a miss.

All in all, my shopping was not so successful. I bought biscuits from Crabtree & Evelyn and one top for A$9 from esprit. (I didn't bring enough clothes so i desperately needed a spare top!) And it was time to go.. :(

We were headed for SpringBrook National Park. Mum, however, elected to stay and have Tiffany send her back later at night. It was a such a long drive there! And we were stuck behind this slow poke with no chance of overtaking him! >_<

After asking for directions and getting additional maps from the local fudge store, we finally made it to the "Best of All Lookout". You'd think they could come up with a more interesting name right?!The view was pretty spectacular and we could see really really far! I have no sense of estimation of distance so really really far basically is the farthest description I can think of heh.

As it was winter, the sun would set really early and dad wanted to make it back before dark. He didn't want to get lost in a foreign land in the dark. So we only managed to go to 2 lookouts before rushing back to Surfers Paradise. =/

We got Dion & Tiffany to bring us to this place called "Peter's Fish Market". Eric had researched gold coast already and found a lot of good reviews of this place. Tricia and I opted for the simple Fish & Chips, and mum and dad ordered those mixed sets + a lot of fresh cold prawns. Unfortunately, I didn't think the food was any fantastic. The oysters though, were gooooood. We had to pay 60cents for an additional lemon coz they gave only 1 tiny slice for 12 oysters. So ngeow right zzz..

My blog entries are getting shorter and shorter coz I've forgotten most of what happened hahah. May eventually do a few quick summaries then upload the pictures. Like i said.. Shit loads of pictures. X_X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...