Photobucket

Thursday, February 16, 2012

My Valentine's Day

*this post was written the day after Valentine's day but I didn't have time to complete it till now.. 

Yesterday I went to bed with a sappy smile on my face.. (:

I received a call from the mailroom yesterday around 10 telling me to come by and collect my flowers. Normally whenever I receive such calls first thing I would say is "are you sure you have the right Valerie??" which was exactly what I did. they were like "Yesssssss sureeee".

Hoookay.. So I looked around speculatively to see if anyone got flowers or if they were preoccupied enough to not notice me coming back with flowers. LOL I was a little shy to have my colleagues teasing me about it.

The mailroom was full of the mailroom staff and they were like chanting merrily you have flowers from your hot boyfriend.. They kept emphasising on the hot boyfriend part. I was a little bewildered.. How did they know my boyfriend was hot?? :P It turned out that the sender on the invoice was "Eric Chan, hot boyfriend" LOLLLL

see my pretty flowers?? :D
Photobucket

the rest of the day was rather uneventful. Our valentines day date only began around 8pm? I was dying of hunger by then. I had to wait for Eric to go home and get the car. When he started driving westwards I got really curious. Where could we possibly be going in the west? Bukit timah? Holland v?

It turned out to be Dempsey lollll.. Can u imagine.. He took AYE then buona vista exit from my office. It was like going one biggggg round to get there. He was afraid there would be jam getting there so he took this longer route.

He brought me to this restaurant called Au Petit Salut. Never been there before but I was quite excited. :D They had a lovely atmosphere. Almost everyone there were on their valentine's day date, everyone was a happy celebratory mood. on a random note, I guess it would really suck to be single and out and about on valentine's day.

Here's Eric.. looking all fresh. He managed to squeeze in a quick shower before coming to meet me...
Photobucket
Me and my flowers! I think i look kinda haggard... =(
Photobucket
First up, Amuse-bouche. I googled this and apparently it means "Mouth amuser".. So I guess I'll never know what's inside. I expected it to be sweet coz it was served in a dessert cup-like thingy, but it was actually very salty. Really yummyyy when you take it one small bite at a time.. I was so sad when i finished eating mine..
Photobucket
And then we had Oysters! :D the oysters alone were really fresh and yummy.. But they served the oysters with 3 different flavours which didn't really appeal to my unadventurous nature when it comes to food.
Photobucket
First up Champagne Jelly.. This was just weird.. =/
Photobucket
Next.. Natural.. This was the best oyster. It was soaked in lemon juice and some pink beady things which complemented the dish. super upzzzzz! :D
Photobucket
Last was Beignet. This was goood - fried and served with a mayo dip.
I think that's ikura fish roe on top but i could barely taste them.
Photobucket
For the third appetiser (I was getting pretty full by now), we had Foie Gras. They served this really huge chunk of duck liver and the outer layer was fried to a salty crisp. Very niceeeeee :D
Photobucket
And Finally the main course Wagyu Beef.. I love beef, it's very hard to go wrong with beef. I was happy with the beef. The other stuff on the plate - truffled barley, ruby pearls and some weird vege - too adventurous for me aahahah.
Photobucket
And finally dessert. I felt so full by then *bleahs*
Photobucket
After the meal, we went outside to take photos, but this was the only decent one hahah.. the rest too blur.
Photobucket
So Eric presented me with a vday gift in his car.. The present had this really odd wrapping paper. It came off his calendar for his room. You can see the words February in the bottom corner. Poor him, now his calendar is showing march. :P
Photobucket
And this was the present.. :DDD I love love love it! :D
He was telling me he had NO glue in the house at all, so he had to improvise and use.... blu tack! LOLPhotobucket
Happy us. (:
Photobucket



Au Petit Salut
40C Harding Road, Singapore 249548
Open Monday to Saturday 11.30am-2.30pm, 6.30pm-10.30pm

Tel: 6475 1976

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...