Photobucket

Friday, February 18, 2011

XLB buffet with Eric!

I had a really sian day today.

I had double the normal amt of trades for scanning today. Means double the posting, double the emails, double everything. That on top of my daily work, there's not enough time to make it on time to my dinner. So I was in a perpetual state of stress all day. Kept telling myself hurrr hurry hurry!!

As I was leaving the office, Eric kept calling me. First, he said xlb buffet only starts at 10. I said that's not possible. They told me there are 3 timings! There should be one at 7-ish. Then he called me back, he said yeah got buffet but it's steamboat only. And i'm like.. No I'm pretty sure that there's xlb, check again. Third time, (he got it right this time) yes it's both steamboat and xlb, but it's fully booked.

SIAN TTM.

I had been looking forward to eating my favourite Crystal Jade xlbs all week!! Plus this was a meal I felt I owed Eric. He's like one of my awesomest friends for the past year and like he gave me a treat when he first started working too.

So anw the third time he called me back, he said that it's fully booked, but we can wait until the 10mins after it has started to see if anyone cancelled their reservation. Since he alr got us on the waiting list, I said ok.

So first I was sian coz of the huge volume of work today (and probably my low efficiency). Then now I find out our buffet that we have been looking forward to may be cancelled.

As if i was not sian enough alr, this stupid auntie tried to cut my queue at the mrt gantry. I was in no mood to be bullied, so I didn't let her. And then she went "oh god!" with a very self righteous aggreived tone.. As though I was the one at fault! That really pissed me off.. I mean she's the moron who wants to cut my queue then acts like i'm the bad guy.

Before I can finish fuming about this woman, I receive and sms from dad. He said "Which one of you got a parking fine @ 12.13am 5th feb @ (...) tiong bahru"

My first reaction was to break out in cold sweat and my heart filled with dread. I'm like shit shit shit was it me? How come i don't know about it? What was I doing on the 4th? How come I was in Tiong Bahru area? And then it hit me.. I'm 24 this year! What do I have to be scared of??? Why is my first reaction fear when I see an sms like this? I know in the past it meant caning.. But now I need to wake up and realise I don't need to fear my parents meting out punishments to me. Acknowledge it (if it's mine) and then move on...

It wasn't me btw.

So one sian thing after another. It would have been the icing on the cake if they told me that they were full and they couldn't slot 2 of us for the buffet.



BUT THEY LET US IN!!! YAY! =)


Peektures!

yours truly
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Lamb and Beef (they look the same)
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Eric's appetizers
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Each patron gets 3 prawns LOL.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
XLBS!!!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Slabs of meat. Think they're all pork - normal meat, belly, liver, dumpling and luncheon meat.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
My Favourites are the beef and pork!

See eric happily cooking his food. Machiam doing project like that. Must cook to perfection.. =P
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Happy people
Photobucket
Photobucket

And bad day over!! Tummy full of xlbs now lalaladedahh~ =D

Crystal Jade La Mian Xiao Long Bao
241/241A Holland Avenue
Tel: 6463 0968
Buffet timings: 5-7pm, 7.30pm-9.45pm, 10pm-12am

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...