Photobucket

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Social Network & Mark Zuckerberg

I am a officially a fan of Mark Zuckerberg.

Yup.

[Spoiler alert!]
Photobucket

I watched the movie and felt a little mehhh... But like after talking about it with gc (who I would say is a potential mark zuckerberg hurhur), I realised that Mark's passion for what he believed in was like a driving force that propelled facebook to be what it is today. I mean like his friend kept asking him abt business model, advertisers etc etc but his primary focus was to make something cool. To bring social interactions online. and thus I developed a new appreciation for the movie. :P

The movie actually portrayed his character to be quite socially inept and a little heartless.. and I felt so ugh towards him after watching the movie. But like.. I got so curious to find out more about the validity of the things said in the movie and like the tendency to put Mark in a bad light and Eduardo in a positive light. So I did a little research and realised that the movie was highly influenced by the book The Accidental Billionaires which Eduardo contributed and Mark didn't.


NO WONDER IT SEEMED SO BIAS... :P


I also found this very interesting article from BusinessInsider about The Full Story Of How Facebook Was Founded. Gives you a new perspective on the movie and what actually happened. ;)

Here's a video, also from BusinessInsider, of an interview of Mark Zuckerberg last year before the movie became famous. I found it to be pretty interesting and inspiring for budding entrepreneurs. Makes me feel like starting my own business too! ahhaaha towards the end it gets a bit technical though. I only watched half of it.. hehh. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...