Photobucket

Monday, November 29, 2010

Siegfried in Singapore!

Siegfried is in Singapore!! woots~!~! :D

He's my mum's friend, hence a family friend... He took care of jie and I when we went over to Germany for exchange and whenever he's here mum will take care of him. (:

So anyway, I haven't seen him for two years now and I'm so glad to see him again! :D He took really good care of Jared and I when we were in Germany.. He fetched us from the airport and got us settled in.. He brought us to visit the towns of Weinheim and Schwetzingen. He also took us along to a gathering with his friends where we experienced our first true blue german-style bbq by the riverside. Not forgetting his invitation to stay at his parents' house, which bordered on the edge of a forest where we got to pick cherries in the wild, and climb up old-school tree-houses and all. There was even deer in the backyard at night!

Here are some pictures from our visit in Germany in 2008..

Touring in Schwetzingen and Weinheim..
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Having a meal w my parents in Darmstadt
Photobucket

"Kletternwald" (aka climbing park)
PhotobucketPhotobucket

His parents' place in Schoenau
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Cherry Picking at his parent's place
PhotobucketPhotobucket

After all that he has done for us in Germany, it was nice to be able to return the favour.. albeit small in comparison, but still something ahaha...



So he's staying at my place now and we have really stocked up food for him to make him feel comfortable, and on top of that, Jared and I brought him out to lunch today! (: 
We went to a vegetarian restaurant at Holland Village called Original Sin.

Photobucket

The restaurant.. Ambience was kinda nice and chill. ;)
PhotobucketPhotobucket

There was a buffet table for the starters.. Mainly a lot of greens, with olives, feta cheese, potatoes, japanese style grilled eggplant, etc. I'm a carnivore so this was a kind of hell for me ahahah.
Here's my plate and Siegfried's plate. Can see the difference? :P
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Minestrone Soup.. It was one of the worst I have ever eaten. I think i poured like one spoonful of salt into it. I'm not used to a super sweet Minestrone Soup.. I like it salty and very clear...
Photobucket

Here's us.. Siegfried has a better picture in his camera. I will grab it from him soon before he leaves!
Photobucket

This was my dish.. Some portebello thingy. i cannot remember but it was nice.. at first. But I'm really not cut out to be vegetarian.. =X
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Tandori Skewers. Jared and Siegfried both ordered this.. I didn't try it so don't know how was it, but Jared and Siegfried finished everything (unlike me) so I'm guessing it was good. :P
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Dessert was plain ol simple Vanilla Ice Cream. This one was nice vanilla ice cream.. and it had black dots in them! (i think that vanilla ice cream with black dots in them taste better than others :D)
Photobucket

Outside the restaurant
Photobucket

Us.(:
PhotobucketPhotobucket



Original Sin
Blk 43 #01-62 Jalan Merah Saga, Holland Village, Chip Bee Gardens
Tel: 6475 5605
Opens Daily 11.30am-2.30pm, 6pm-10.30pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...