Photobucket

Friday, September 3, 2010

COMEX 2010


Have you been to the COMEX 2010 Exhibition at Suntec yet? I realised the offers there may not always be the best.. And you get the feeling that the promoters are trying to cheat you into thinking you're getting a really good deal but throwing in all sorts of rubbish freebies. =/

Gc and I went to the COMEX Exhibition yesterday to buy our respective cameras. We wanted to go on the very first day so that we would not have to fight with the crowd over the weekend. (:

We went to check out the Canon Booth first. He wanted the Canon Ixus 105 packaged with a spare battery.. Unfortunately the Canon staff were quite unrelenting and adamant about NOT giving any extra batteries, and their price of $299 was quite similar to that of Sim Lim and Funan. In fact, we found one shop in Sim Lim willing to sell that same model to us, with a similar deal, for $270 just last month! So obviously we didn't get it then..

Next was the Samsung booth. I had my heart set on the Samsung EX1 since the day I first laid eyes on it in Challenger. Initially, they were selling member's price $628 w/o spare battery, otherwise it would have retailed at $699 to the normal public. But only last week I found out that they changed the package and it now includes a spare batt! yayyyy!! But then $628 is still abit high.. Understandably the camera is supposedly superr good with an awesome lens! heehee.

Anyway, i tried to bargain with the guy there, and he told me that the cheapest price he can give me is $679 (RTP: $699). Obviously that's not very much.. So i told him about challenger's deal, and after some persuasion he matched the deal for me. But why would I buy it at Comex at the same price? I might as well buy from Challenger right?? Plus i get member points etc if i buy from Challenger. So we walked off to think about it. I gave the excuse of calling my father to get his permission, when we actually just walked one round upstairs. :P

I came back and told them my budget was $600, could they please try to match it?? LOL. At first they said no. I was superrrr sadded coz I didn't want to go Challenger. I was at COMEX already and like soooo ready to buy my camera! And then another colleague came over and tried giving me another $10 off.. I eventually relented coz it was still cheaper than Challenger's price, and I didn't think I would have been able to bargain at Challenger.. And if you think about it... It's like $80 off official retail price!! Whoopiedo! :D:D:D

So after getting my camera, we gave another half-hearted attempt to get Gc's Canon plus spare batt. But then we realised that the booth didn't even stock spare batteries! So there was no point in bargaining for the package deal when they did not even have stock. So we walked off and gc was a little downcast at not getting his camera.

We didn't go straight home tho.. I thought my camera case was god-awful-ugly so I wanted to walk around suntec somemore to find a nice camera case. We eventually walked into Harvey Norman and guess whattttt... They were selling the same Canon IXUS for the same price, plus the extra battery! :D How lucky were we man.. We chatted with the friendly promoter there, and after some bargaining (again) he gave gc a deal that he was very happy with. (: Thick-skinned me also asked the staff at harvey norman to help me put on the LCD protector that I received with my camera but the idiot samsung-staff refused to put on for me at the exhibition claiming they were too busy..

So we were very happy people by the end of the day. :D The promoter said something very funny tho. He said that gc's camera was very laoya next to mine... ahahahah.

Battle of the Cameras:
Photobucket EX 1 Medium

Obviously mine is so much better. AHAHA. Not to mention it cost double the price!!! *gulps*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...