Photobucket

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Sarah's Farewell

I'm so sad Sarah has left for exchange. Among the girls in the team, she is prob one of the few that i would consider myself close to.. She is one who is without guile or pretense and that you know that she in sincere in her comments and actions.

----------

Sunset Grill 

Gosh I have a lot to say about this outing! Particularly wrt the journey there!

Firstly, 12 people put attending on facebook, and only 2 cars were 'confirmed'. Mine and Richard's. I had already secured the 5 people who would take my car, as they had agreed to share the cost with me. They were Madan, Gc, Alvin and Patrick. When I reached school to pick them up (at 6pm), only gc was there! But there were others, so we squeezed 7 pple into my car. Jovian in the front navigating, Gc, Sarah Lim, Cai Sang, Yong Qiang and Madan in the back.

And so with my car filled with 7 people, we were off to Seletar to get our Level 30 Buffalo Wings!

Following Jovian's directions to the restaurant, we had to take the AYE, then get onto the CTE... The thing is.. CTE was hopelessly jammed at 6plus. I had to give my full concentration to the traffic, moving the moment a gap appeared, as well as jam breaking when the joker in front of me stops suddenly. =/ It was not a pleasant journey.. all the way to PIE and then TPE was jammmmmmmmmmm!!

When I finally reached the exit, we were supposed to find Piccadilly Circus and go onto Piccadilly Road. Unfortunately when we reached, there was a roundabout (which we assumed was the circus) and we went in the opposite direction!

Look at where we drove to! 
damn far right?! we drove 2km off course and another 2 to go back. >.<

Nevermind. This next picture is even better...

See the arrow Piccadilly Rd? Can you see where the restaurant was ACTUALLY located??
Not only that, getting there was bloody difficult. The 4 blue blobs were blockages. We could not pass through! The pink route is the final route we took.. But we never would have found that on our own. Thank god we waited for Richard's car. We would have otherwise been stuck there indefinitely.

We finally reached at 8pm. The one hour we spent searching for the place, we got lost and took a drive around the area. -.-
After a harrowing 2 hours. I had no mood to eat.. :( 
I ended up having 2x Level One Buffalo Wings.. Coward that i am. :P

No pictures of Level One, but i have one of Level 30! (:
Damn grosssss! Can you see all that chilli? You can smell the chilli before you even see them take the dish out!

And here's everybody who came! It was a really big gathering! (:

These are the few brave souls who tried at least ONE bite of the Level 30 buffalo wings lol.
Needless to say, some of them had diarrhea all night till the next morning. :P

---------

Sendoff at the airport

Sarah had a 2355 flight on Friday night after training. I was still sick so I didn't go for training. Gc and Jovian picked me up from home! (:

Since Sarah is someone I considered dear to me, I bought her a parting gift! (the same I gave Mel and the other Bizad ppl)

Tada!


It wasn't much. Damn sad i didn't take picture of the final card and present! I put a lot of effort into it! ):

I gave her a little postcard and pasted small pinwheels on them. A very cheerful going-away card with some advice from the old bird. :P Basically the gist was to enjoy herself and do everything that she possibly can to immerse herself in the culture there. Anytime she has doubts about any particular activity, think about whether she will come back to Singapore and regret not doing it. She shouldn't come back with regrets..

So anyway, big group that we were.. We moved really slowly and we didn't really know what to do with ourselves while waiting for her to go into the customs area. :P

Group Photo!

After sending her off, we went to Bedok 85 for their famous soup Bak chor mee. :D happy happy. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...