Photobucket

Friday, December 11, 2015

1 week in our new place

We have officially stayed here for just over a week now, and it's been pretty awesome!!

So many things to get used to, cleaning up after ourselves, making sure the doors are locked, the windows are closed, that there is enough food in the fridge, even preparing lunch for my hubby!

It's so nice to see everything come together so nicely, especially when I think back to those tiring meetings with the interior designer, constant sourcing for the different contractors that would give the best deals etc. You never really put that much thought into it, but every item in the house has a story. For example, as I'm sitting here using my laptop.. i think back to the trials we went through going back and forth with starhub countless times, before finally having wifi at home; this beautiful dining table that i'm working on that I super love and cannot wait to host gatherings; and this chair that we sourced far and wide before finally finding the perfect one that fit our colour theme and budget.

Alas, there is still much work to be done - the study table and chairs have not arrived yet (both ordered separately); we need to get a booster for the wifi as the far corners of the house does not have any wifi reception; and simple things like sorting my shoes out in the cabinets.. those are still in one big heap just chucked inside to be sorted out another day.

I cannot help but go to bed with a smile on my face every night thinking how much I love our place, how near it is to all the important facilities (mrt/ntuc etc), and my super awesome Simmons bed that does wonders for my back.

Life is good, and it's amazing how much loan you can get to "live the good life". =x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...