Photobucket

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

People come and go

It was my manager's last day today. A day I have most certainly NOT been looking forward to. 

I've worked with her only a short 7 months, but somehow the best managers are the ones that leave. 

Before joining the team, people told me that she's a very nice person to work with - she even holds an unofficial title of nicest person in Barclays. I did wonder how does the nicest person on Barclays perform a project management role? I mean sometimes you need to be hard on people to get things done no? 

Within a few days I realised that it was her charm that made people willing to go the extra mile for her. She talks to everyone, always had a nice word to say. I was actually very lucky to work with an individual such as her. I had a billion questions regarding this new world I had landed in and during every meeting I would jot down the jargons I didn't understand and any other issues that didn't make sense to me and she would literally spend one hour explaining all these things to me every single time.. Until I got up to speed that is..

She never has a bad word to say about anyone unless said person is a complete moron. Even when I made countless mistakes, even the really awful huge repercussions kind, she taught me how to address and fix those mistakes and even shielded me when necessary. 

They say people don't leave jobs.. They leave bosses. Granted my job is highly stressful and people always leave anyway.. I would definitely work for her anytime, anywhere again if the opportunity arose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...