Photobucket

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Random trip down memory lane

I was clearing my inbox and I chanced upon this email drafted by yours truly.. Hahah. I didn't blog then. But reading this makes me miss the old times in school when I used to feel like I was part of something bigger than me..


Dear Ogls, Aogls and councilors,


OWEEK 2007 IS FINALLY OVER!!!

On the behalf of the Oweek committee, i'd like to express my thanks and gratitude for all your hard work and cooperation. =)




Just to bring you on a trip down memory lane....


Can you believe that just 2-3 weeks or so ago, you were contacted to join oweek? You attended briefings, dry runs after dry runs, leading up to this momentous event. And you didn't even have an og name 2 weeks ago! nor any freshies... It's hard to believe that at that time, your freshies, your junior councilors, were just names on a piece of paper..


Look at them today.. They are no longer names.. They are people you know personally.. There are feelings and thoughts associated with these names... They are people whom you've talked to, whom you've taken care of.. and helped orientate to this school.. People whom you've played games with, worked together, and even slept together!! =P And your og name becomes more than a name.. It is now something the group of you can call yourselves.. Something your og will identify with.. =)


On the behalf of the management committee, I hope that everyone here has taken something back from this exciting experience and I hope that you have all enjoyed it, despite the enormous amount of admin responsibility entrusted to you.. =P


I sincerely want to thank each and every single one of you. No matter how good our planning was, or the execution of our programs, or the quality of our games, Oweek 2007 could never be what it is without your help.


Here's to the bonds made through this program that will last beyond our years in Bizad!!


Cheers,
Valerie Chong

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...