Photobucket

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Potluck w the Colleagues!!

OMG i don't know what is wrong with my internet. :( I wanna blog but can't.. So here's a post done up in word first.. heehee. Will upload it once my connection is up and running. :)



Anyway, my office just recently moved to MBFC in ulutown. Seriously, it's freaking far away from decent civilisation and all that's there are expensive shops and restaurants. I have to take the train to Marina Bay station every morning and walk on the uneven road in the middle of the construction area to get to office. No underground shelter unless I'm coming from Raffles Place which is like ~3-4x the distance. Even going for lunch is sucha hassle coz it's such a long walk and there are many major roads in between. You never walk a straight path to your destination.. >.<

So I came up with a brilliant suggestion, if I may say so myself. :P I suggested a Monday potluck lunch! Monday coz then we have all weekend to prepare for whatever dishes we are bringing. (:

We held our virgin potluck session today and it was SMASHING Success! I enjoyed myself loads today. The starter was tofu salad brought by yours truly. Mum totally went crazy in preparing the ingredients for this. Actually the only thing that was needed was some lettuce, tofu, and the wonderful goma sauce! Totally can't go wrong with that. But she went and bought alfafa, baby spinach, threw in some green apples and japanese cucumbers. And to top it off, a bag of edamame! Everyone loved the edamame heeheee. But it took forever to finish the salad tho zzz..

Chandra made Briyani rice as well as the yoghurt to eat with it. MMmm it was so good!! No pictures coz I was in the middle of eating before I realised I left my camera in my bag zzzz. What a loser right? Bring it all the way there for this occasion and then forget to use it. Vivien brought avocado and Mango, in addition to the roasted chicken she bought from the supermarket downstairs. And to wrap up the whole lunch, we had Yuxin's yummy fruit salad.

Everyone brought so much food and it was all so delicious! Chandra was really excited to do this again next week coz it's cheaper for all of us this way instead of always going out to eat. And we don't even have to walk far during lunch! It was really nice to try new things as well as showcase the yummy things that I (er.. my mum) can make. ;P

Can't wait to do this again next week! It's a headache to plan though.. -bleahs-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...